Topic: Chrome opens a new tab with friGate on a new browser start

Every time I run the browser (Comodo Dragon) after a fresh system start, the browser opens an additional tab with some friGate content.  That's really annoying.  Is there any way (besides removing friGate from the browser extensions) to fix that?

Re: Chrome opens a new tab with friGate on a new browser start

please show a screenshot. Sure that you have our extension?

New_browser_tab_friGate

Sure that you have our extension?

Yes.  Isn't it obvious from the screenshot?  Today I came home after work, and here it is again, the same tab from tabisk.com popped up.  Here's another screenshot (the unwanted tab is the third tab in the browser):

New_browser_tab_fri_Gate_2

it is not obvious from the screenshot. Our icon and title use at least 3 fake extensions. You have the app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … gemdbakoaf , and it opens this ad

This could be.  Isn't there a way to copyright friGate extension, so that nobody uses the name at least on the Chrome Webstore?
Thanks for pointing this issue out, I'll remove this stupid clone and make sure the real thing is used from now on.

Google said:
At this time, Google has decided not to take action. We encourage you to resolve any disputes directly with the individual who posted the content.

If you cannot reach an agreement and choose to pursue legal action against the individual who posted the content, and that action results in a judicial determination that the material is illegal or should be removed, please send us the court order seeking removal. If you would like to request identifying information about an anonymous poster, please contact google-legal-support@google.com (if you are in the U.S.) or internationalcivil@google.com (if you are outside of the U.S.) for more information on how to serve us with valid legal process.